Nine young persons in their twenties were found dead in a house in the northern city of
Pham Van Thuc, 50, returned home after a trip during Tet, to find his 28-year-old son and eight others, including two young women, lying dead on the floor of the house on
People at the scene revealed that at 3 pm of the same day, the owner of the house returned to find that several men and women lay motionlessly on the floor. There appeared to be no signs of bruises or injuries on their bodies. Amongst them 7 were lying motionless as if dead and 2 apparently were breathing their last.
|The room where the young men and women were found dead|
On examination of the premises, the police found no signs of a murder or robbery, since all the victims appeared unhurt and all property and belongings lay intact. Hence the police concluded that the 9 persons could have died because of an overdose of ecstasy or some other drug and also because of asphyxiation as all the doors and glass windows were shut tight. Some empty bottles of liquor were scattered on a table indicating the victims were dancing and partying in a euphoric state.
All the victims were pronounced dead upon arrival at the
The police say nine friends died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning early Sunday during a lunar New Year party after they started a car parked inside a house to play music following an electricity outage.
A police officer says the car was started after the power went out. Its headlights and stereo were turned on inside the 20-square-meter (215-square-foot) house, which had all windows and doors closed. The officer identified himself only as Le because he was not authorized to speak to reporters.