Power Company investigating death due to electrocution

Concerning the death of a 60-year-old man who was electrocuted to death after a broken electric wire fell onto him while he was drinking coffee along an alley in Tan Binh District in Ho Chi Minh City two days ago, State-owned power giant Vietnam Electricity (EVN) today promised to investigate thoroughly.

At the incident spot (photo: SGGP)

At the incident spot (photo: SGGP)

According to the Company, while Luong Nhat Hoa, born in 1960, was drinking coffee at his familiar coffee shop in an alley in Nguyen Trong Tuyen Street in Tan Binh District, a broken electric wire fell onto him electrocuting the unlucky man to death.
After the incident, the power company and competent agencies have been jumping in an investigation as well as funded the man’s funeral ceremony.
In addition to carrying out an investigation on the incident, the company will increase supervision on electricity networks across the city for city dwellers’ safety.
The old man both works as a safeguard of a residential quarter and as a motorbike taxi driver to earn living.

By CHI THACH - Translated by UYEN PHUONG

Other news