Minor fire causes panic in HCMC shopping center

A fire broke out May 23 on the sixth floor of Tan Binh District’s Parkson CT Plaza, sending hundreds of customers chaotically running for the exits.

Parkson C.T Plaza in Tan Binh District, HCM City

The city’s fire prevention and fighting police received information of the fire, but the local fire extinguishing team controlled the blaze before police arrived.

A short circuit in the shopping center’s air conditioning system caused the fire, which spread to surrounding objects.

Fortunately, there were no fatalities or injuries.

Parkson, a leading retailer group of Malaysia, currently operates Parkson Saigontourist in District 1, Parkson Hung Vuong in District 5, Parkson C.T in Tan Binh District, Parkson Flemington Trade Center, District 11 and shopping centers in Hanoi and in Haiphong.

By G.B, translated by Cong Dung

Other news