City raises capital investment for Metro route

The People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City has approved an additional investment of VND47.3 trillion (US$2.3 billion) for the Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien Metro route.

The total investment for the Metro route has now increased by VND30 trillion ($1.3 billion) compared to the initial figure of VND17.387 trillion ($1.09 billion), approved in 2007.

Japan Bank for International Cooperation will provide an official development assistance loan equivalent to 83 percent of the total investment amount. The remaining 17 percent will be provided by Ho Chi Minh City.

The 19.7 km Metro route will run through five districts of 1, 2, 9, Binh Thanh and Thu Duc, and is scheduled to become operational by 2018.

Work on the Metro will begin in 2012.

By Q.Hung – Translated by T.Huong

Other news