In its document, the Ministry said that the two kids were examined before taking oral polio vaccine and vaccine ComBE Five at the local medical clinic.
They were asked to stay in the clinic for 30 minutes after vaccination, according to the Ministry’s guidance and they showed no strange symptoms.
After returning home, they experienced slight fever in one or two days. Their parents bought pills to reduce fever without taking them to medical facility.
However, when parents saw them turning pale and suffering breathing problem, they rushed them to the local infirmary. They were pronounced dead at the local infirmary.
The Department of Health has launched inquiry into the deaths of the two kids by setting up scientific council to probe the cause. The council arrived at the conclusion that unclear reasons of the two deaths because it was not caused by shock after vaccination.
The council also affirmed medical workers have practiced right vaccination procedure as per the Ministry of Health’s guidance.
The Ministry of Health also noticed that until December 27, some 69,929 kids in many provinces had ComBe Five injection.
According to local medical authorities’ reports, in addition to mild fever, irritability, tiredness and swelling, some kids in Thai Binh, Nam Dinh, Ha Nam, Binh Dinh, Quang Ngai and Kon Tum provinces had experienced high fever and long irritability but they were stable after treatment.
Kids in other localities will be vaccinated in January, 2019.