80 workers from the Free View Industrial Vietnam Company in Tan Huong Industrial Park in Chau Thanh District in the Mekong delta province of Tien Giang had to be hospitalized for food poisoning on Tuesday.
Doctor Tran Van Hong, deputy head of the province’s General Hospital, said the hospital admitted 80 workers of Free View Industrial Vietnam Company at 11 am on Tuesday. Some workers complained of belly ache, vomiting and diarrhea while others experienced convulsive fits.
The victims said they felt sick soon after eating a meal of chicken cooked with sauce, egg omelet and fried vegetables on Sunday. After the meal they felt uneasy and dizzy and some of them returned to their homes. By nightfall they felt unwell, suffering from diarrhea and stomach ache. They were admitted in the General Hospital in Chau Thanh District on Tuesday.