Health authorities have taken food samples for testing from the Wooyang Vina Company in Hiep Thanh Ward in District 12 of Ho Chi Minh City when 267 workers were hospitalized in an appalling case of food poisoning.
|Workers being treated in the district hospital (Photo: SGGP)|
After having lunch in a café yesterday of cooked rice, pork ribs, sour vegetable cooked in sauce, fried swamp morning-glory and vegetable soup, some workers of the Wooyang Vina Company in Hiep Thanh Ward in District 12 of Ho Chi Minh City, developed symptoms like stomach ache and nausea.
267 workers of the company were subsequently rushed to the district hospital. By 5pm 20 workers were discharged from the hospital but Dr. Cao Minh Hiep of the district hospital fretted as five workers were being treated in intensive care including 2 pregnant women.
Health authorities said that Thanh Thuy Company in district 2 was responsible for the catering of meals for the workers. Thanh Thuy Company had presented full documents including certificates of food safety and hygiene, however, health inspectors still found their kitchen filthy. The company has been asked to step up hygiene and sanitation standards in the factory and review their food processing procedures thoroughly.